Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA, consists of a community of individuals who choose to invest in a farm and, in return, receive a share of the food that farm produces over the course of the season. CSA members pay for their season’s vegetables in the spring, which provides farmers with capital in the spring when the costs are greatest and revenue is lowest. The heart of the CSA model is the reciprocal relationship it creates between the customers, the food, the land, and those who grow it.
Our 2022 18 week CSA will run from June 15th through October 19th with one break week (no shares on Wednesday 8/17!) Pickups are each Wednesday at the Root Seller Marketplace in Lancaster (12pm-6pm) and at Bent Fork Farm in Bethlehem (4pm-7pm).
Our farm share program follows the traditional CSA model. Members buy a share at the beginning of the growing season and receive a weekly share of produce and/or flowers, picked up each week at the farm or the Root Seller. Our members go home with a basket full of the best the season has to offer and enjoy at healthy discount compared to our farmers market prices. The produce in each week’s pickup will include a variety of in-season grocery staples such as lettuce, carrots, beans, peas, cucumbers and tomatoes, as well as some more “adventurous” vegetables, like kohlrabi, fennel, radicchio or rapini. We aim to design shares that can be easily integrated into your family’s weekly menu of fresh, creative recipes.
- Eat great. You and your family will get weekly infusions of the freshest, most ethically grown produce and have delicious veggies on hand for every meal. You’ll get enjoy the vegetables you know and love and experiment with a few you don’t. We’ll include some amazing but simple recipes for inspiration.
- Save money. The CSA model is a great way to feed your family local, organically grown produce at a discounted rate. We offer CSA memberships on a sliding fee scale; read more about that here: FAQs.
- Stock up. Our CSA members will be the first to know about deals on bulk or seconds produce for canning. Many of our past CSA families have frozen or canned “extras” and enjoyed our produce for months after their weekly pickups were over.
- Support your local economy. Joining our CSA means 100% of your weekly produce dollars are kept in our community.
- Build community. Nothing brings people together like great food!